20 april, 2013

Elizabeth single x 4 - black, red/black, red, clear vinyl


The first single from Ghost, on small Italian label Iron Pegasus, was released just prior to their debut album.
The single was released in four different colours with a total printing run of a 1000 copies.
No exact production numbers has been given by the label, but according to one of the persons involved at its time of release, it was "mostly black". 
If we assume that "mostly black" means that 600 copies were pressed on black vinyl, then maybe 300 copies of the red with black marbles as this is not impossible to track down. That leaves us with the pure red and the clear vinyl at 50 copies a piece. This makes sense, because you almost never see those two colours, and many collectors don´t even know they exist.
 
These numbers are of course just speculation on my part and should not be taken as fact.
 




5 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Epicus, I'm an hardest collector of Ghost vinyls. I'm trying to find the last 3 vinyls to finish my collection:

    Opus Eponymous first press Clear vinyl
    Elizabeth 7" Red vinyl
    Elizabeth 7" Clear vinyl

    Can you help me ? hope in your positive answer ;)

    Best,
    Emeritustwo

    SvaraRadera
  2. I have the Red one with black marbles. It was given to me by Papa Emeritus 1, and don't remember for sure but I think he said it was one of 100 copies. The cover unfortunately got a small dent in one of the corners. How much do you think it's worth if I get Papa to sign it?

    SvaraRadera
  3. I´m quite sure that the red with black marbles was made in more copies than a hundred. If Papa said so I´d say that Papa is wrong. For a couple of years after its original release, that particular version was still quite readily available. I wouldn´t say it was common, but far from impossible to track down. I´d still say that 300 copies is a valid guess.

    I have no idea what the value would be if Papa sign it. Personally, I wouldn´t pay that much extra for autographed items. It´s cool to have if you get it yourself, but when it comes to a value it all depends on what someone is prepared to pay for it and if you prove it is a genuine signature.
    I never get any rare records signed, because if there is any doubt about the authenticity of the signature, then the value of the record might even decrease.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
  5. This is amazing! Can you please one of them to a FLAC? Theres no way of paying for this specific demo version.

    SvaraRadera